Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna




This was so super yummy, it's officially been added to our dinner rotation. I adapted to a recipe that was posted by the Crockin' girls. You can find her recipe here. For us, I needed a little more kid friendly version so here's what I did.

Crock Pot Lasagna. This made enough for 2 adults, 3 kids and had leftovers.
1 lbs. fully cooked ground turkey (I used Italian seasoned Jenny-O)
1 jar favorite marinara sauce 1 box uncooked pasta or lasagna noodles (I used elbow macaroni to be kid friendly)
8 oz (1lb) ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese +1/2 cup mozzarella for top (shredded)
1 egg, beaten
Cooking spray

Brown ground turkey meat and add marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer. While simmering, in a bowl combine your ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and egg. Mix well.

Spray the crock with cooking spray, and start your layers of 1) 1/3-1/2 meat sauce 2) 1/2 the uncooked pasta noodles and 3) 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat layers one more time reserving a small amount of sauce. Add reserved sauce on top of the second layer of ricotta and top with 1/2 cup mozzarella. I totally estimated on the mozzarella. It's cheese so it's yummy

Cook for 3 hours on low or 1 hour on high + 1 hour on low. I forgot to start this early enough and so I did the high/low combination.

Bakes together beautifully and it's delicious enough that my hubs got seconds and all my picky eating children ate it withOUT complaining. It's a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment